Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So much for a bowl full of cherries!

My little flower decided to start our day by pooping in her brother's breakfast bowl. Really?! What possessed her to do such a thing? Did I really sign up for this?

After a few phone calls to my dear sisters the steam coming from my ears dispersed and I was able to laugh about it. I have often called my children industrious, but how do you harness the will and creativity that thought of doing something like THAT and make it productive??? And, why is it when you make a resolve to do better, and be better, that things seem to go awry? My goal to discipline with more gentleness went right out the window!

Luckily, she gave me a chance to redeem myself! She ended our day by hiding under the bed and cutting her hair! I could have kicked myself for not putting the scissors away. I thought they were safe sitting on the bed in my locked room. All it took was a few seconds while my bug and my flower followed me into my room while I used the restroom. Have you ever had your blood run cold at the sound of scissors slicing through what you know to be your child's once beautiful silky locks?


This time I kept my cool. Hair grows back right? A quick phone call to my mom, a.k.a. the hair cutting guru, a few pictures posted on facebook, and a verbal tutorial on a modified pixie cut and it was all put right. Well, sort of. My little flower might be a little colder in these frigid temps, but don't we learn more from our mistakes?



Reminded me of that quote from that movie, The War. Plus, my little flower looked like a Lipnicky with the haircut she gave herself. If you haven't seen that movie, it is worth the watch!

1 comment:

  1. Parenting truly is a daily test. I do love it but sometimes I wish the tests weren't so difficult.
    As for your mom, if I had known she was a the guru I may have bothered her for a cut while we were visiting. I so would love a nice haircut.

    ReplyDelete